Hurt head with crib, bump found next day. Its not red but soft and big. Help?

My 3 month old hit her self on the head with her crib she was tummy time and she turn back and hit her self on the left side . I looked for any jumps and she was fine . But later on that day she develope a bump on her left side it's not red but it's soft and big . It it anything to worry bout this is my first baby and I'm really worried . She had a little bit of pain I can see it but other than that she seems good .. She laughs she alerts and eats good .
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
HI
Thank for asking to HCM
The head injury should always be taken seriously any thing could happen within 48 hours of head injury even though patient's condition seems alright, I would advise you to keep a close watch on your baby for general condition particularly sensoruim ( the over all body functions) this should not be altered, if every thing goes OK then no need to worry, but if you find something going wrong take her to ER,, the swelling will subside within a week, take care of your baby,bye
General & Family Physician Dr. Namala Bharadwaj's  Response
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at HCM
small injuries on head are very common during in infancy because children are very active during this period.
if there is any serious injury child will present with excessive cry, decreased food/milk intake, drowsy, irritable, seziures, altered sensorium, vomitings and decreased play activity.
you might consult doctor if child present with above symptoms.
other wise no need
regards.