Humerus near shoulder broken, immobility, neck, back and elbow pain, itchiness on skin. What is the reason?

Hi, I broke my humerus just below the socket that goes into shoulder 7 days ago. My arm is relatively immobilsed in a sling which comes from my elbow, up around my back, over my neck and back down to my wrist (I can't see any illustrations on the net which show this type of sling and immobilisation). I am at home and my partner has been helping me wash with a facecloth. But we now want to try me on a seat in the shower as I am becoming extremely itchy on parts of the skin that can't be accessed. Is it safe to support my lower arm with the other arm at this point in time and remove the sling while I shower?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013