Huge welt and bruising on cheek after falling. How to relieve pain and reduce size?

I fell on the stairs a week ago and have a huge welt and bruising on my right butt cheek. Is there anything I can do to reduce its size and relieve the pain. I have been taking ibuprofin and tylenol , alternating every 2day hours and iced for first 48 hours. I was just told about a massage oil that helps spped up the bruise healing time. I am hoping to relieve the pain and reduce the size of this grapefruit sized welt.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012