Huge pimple on cheeks. Applied toothpaste, red burn marks, sore. Treatment?

hello, lastnight i noticed a huge pimple on both my cheeks. i decided to look up on the internet how to get rid of it fast... i seen one about toothpaste, so i washed my pimples with water first then applied the toothpaste. i woke up this morning and washed it off, and i had these red burn marks around the pimple about the size of a 10 cent coin. it was really sore and it was burning so i decided to put a little bit of vasiline on it. i just wanted to ask you how i could make the burn mark go away?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013