Huge painful bumps after shaving, diagnosed with folliculitis, slight reduction in pain and bumps with medicines. What else can be done?

I was recently seen in urgent care due to 3 painful bumps discovered while shaving that had ballooned in size & pain level over a few days. The dr gave me antibiotics to treat what he diagnosed as folliculitis . The pain and number of bumps have increased in the past few days. Is there anything I can do to soothe this almost unbearable pain and stop any more follicles from becoming infected?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012