Huge lump around the knee, swelling around foot and leg post surgery to shave down a bunion. Alarming?

My 27 year old daughter recently had surgery on her right foot , they shaved down a bunion and put two screws in her foot, this was on the 29 of june, she has text me and informed me that she now has a huge lump on her leg up by her knee , she says her foot and leg is still swollen I am concerned about her and would like to know if there is reason for me to be concerned, she is 1200 miles from and I m a worried mother
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012