Huge bruise on elbow, white hard ball in the center, bruise in maroon, green, yellow, cannot recollect how it happened. Serious?

Hi my boyfriend has a huge bruise on his elbow . He doesnt recal banging it or hurting himself in anyway. The bruise has a white hard ball in the center. Not large but big enough to feel and the bruise is three colors. Dark maroon, greenish blue, and yellow. It s one of the most shocking bruises I ve ever seen and looks concerning for the fact of not having any recollection of a incident to inflict such trauma.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012