Huge acidity problem, taking omoprazoll 40 mg, burping. Is it the symptoms of cancer? Can NEXPRO help me? i have face huge acidity problem for last 2months .i take omoprazoll 40 mg ..but nothing is improved..i feel a uneasyness near my throat something is there..nd burping too much..i am very it the symptoms of cancer?? plzz help me..what do i do??tab NEXPRO CAN HELP ME?? PLZZ SUGGEST..
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Hello Subhra ,your symptoms remind me of Gastro-esophageal Reflux disorder(GERD),a condition where the lower esophageal sphincter is incompetant leading to symptoms of acidity like heart-burn and chest discofort.
You should take twice a day dosage of any PPI along with domperidone (eg. Rablet-D),which has a prokinetic effect ,for atleast 6 wks under guidance of a doctor. If symptoms persist ,an upper G.I. endoscopy to confirm diagnosis of any complication of GERD may be done to alleviate your fear and provide a possible surgical treatment.
Please do keep me informed of your treatment proceedings,tk care.
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Stomach cancer should be always suspected if such nonspecific symptoms do appear. Its because there is no early stomach cancer symptoms. Although it is rare (about 20 cases per 100 000), it should always be ruled out.
Your acid reflux and lack of improvement after Omeprasole can be caused by Helicobacter Pylori infection of the stomach. If so, without antibiotics, neither Omeprasole or Nexium wont help.
That is why you should help upper GI endoscopy (what will rule the cancer out) and have Helicobacter Pylori test performed during endoscopy.

Hope this will help.
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. R.A. Singh's  Response
Hi Subhra,
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you are having GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease).
You should follow some precautions like :-
1. Avoid spicy/oily foods.
2. Donot miss a meal.
3. Avoid emotional/mental stress.
4. Avoid cigarette/alcohol, if any.
5. Donot self medicate, especially with pain killers and steroids.
6. Drink lots of pure water daily.
7. Avoid gas forming foods like peas, legumes, cabbage, etc.
8. Donot eat fast and donot talk while eating as this leads to swallowing more air resulting in burping.

Also get yourself investigated for H. pylori and get an Endoscopy done.
Get yourself examined clinically and investigaed to rule out other causes of uneasiness in throat like cancer.

You can take any antacid like omeprazole or esomeperazole (nexpro) along with Domperidone 10 mg once a day before breakfast. Antacid in gel or liquid form is also beneficial.

I hope this is helpful to you.