How would I know if there are any damages in my 10 months old niece ?

I was cleaning my 10 month old niece s ears using a normal-sized cotton buds (q-tips). I didn t know it was wrong. I think I inserted the buds as far as they can go inside the ear, and I m worried if I caused any damage to her ears and/or hearing. How would I know if there are any damages?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Apr 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
was there any bleeding from the ear? did your baby cry loudly for a longer duration of time? if not nothing to be worried.but getting your baby checked by an ENT surgeon is the best choice.