How worried should I be? Diagnosed with atrial flutter atrial fibrulation and atrial tachycardia

I was diagnosed with atrial flutter atrial fibrulation and atrial tachycardia . My heart switches between the 3 continuously. My doc says I m high risk for a heart attack and she thinks I allready had a silent one. Once my son weans himself I will be going on blood thinners. My doc says she s shocked I ve lived this long with it. Should I be very scared? Also are there any natural ways to thin the blood without using drugs? I will use the drugs for the sake of being w/ my family (2 kids and hubby) as long as possible, but I m scared of the negatives that go with them. I m kinda a bleeder and bruiser as it is. Let me add that I do get a lot of answers to these questions from my doc, I would more like to know if anyone else has this and if it is truly as scary as the docs make it out to be or if they just try to get you really scared so you ll take their advice. And yes she is a cardiologist .
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009