How to use tampon in pool?

HELP!!! i just got my period this morning and 3 of my mates are coming to use my pool today!? I dont know how to use a tampon! i ve never needed to use one, what can i do??
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Hey, I can understand how nervous you must be. Tampons seem scary at first but after you try them they are nothing to fear. First relax. Then by a package of Playtex Gentle Glide Unscented Regular size Tampons with the Plastic Applicators. The smaller the tampon the better so use Regular rather than Super. I think the plastic applicators are easier to insert and the unscented kind are better for your body. Next go into the bathroom and carefully read the directions before you give it a go. The directions in the box will give you step by step instructions on what to do and will also have illustrations to let you know how to do it. Now the key is to RELAX! If you are nervous you will have a hard time getting it inserted. If it helps you can take 3 deep breaths and on the last exhalation insert the tampon as you breath out. If you follow the directions the tampon should feel comfortable while inside. If you feel any discomfort the tampon is not inserted far enough and you should pull it out and try again with a new tampon. I hope this helps. I was terrified the first time i used one. If you get really scared ask your mom or someone who has experience to talk you through it.