How to treat the yellow color of my teeth ?

Hi,i m of 28 teeth are of yellow color.that seems to be dirty.i brush daily but no effect.please tell me how can i make my teeth sparkling.
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Dentist 's  Response
The reasons for a yellowish teeth are presence of calculus and deposits over the tooth, loss of enamel, staining by tea, coffee and other foods. First get a scaling and polishing of teeth done. if the discoloration persists get a bleaching done. if it is not removed fully you can go for ceramic veneers or crown on your teeth which is a permanent remedy.

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Due to improper cleaning this can happen.Please visit a dentist and get your teeth cleaned and polished.This can help for time being.Please take help of dentist and have regular check up at least every 6 months.bye.

1)In this condition Baking soda works wonders. Just get your toothbrush wet then dip it in the baking soda, brush your teeth with it, then rinse out with water. I'd do it every 2 nights until your teeth get to the whiteness you want, then do it just once a week to keep the color.

2) you can also use wood ash.
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Saket Gaurav's  Response
Hello Natasha,
The question you have asked is most commonly asked question. Well! you have not mentioned wether it became yellow or it was like this from before or always.
* If it became yellow now, that means there are deposites and stains on your teeth, in this case you should go to your dentist for oral prophylaxis or cleaning of your teeth followed by polishing.
* If it was like this from before and you wanna get whiter & sparkling one, you can go to your dentist and on your dentist's advice can go for bleaching of your teeth.
Ther are two types of bleaching :- 1)Office Bleach, done by the dentist in the clinic. & 2) Home Bleach, the bleach and the template is given to you by the dentist to use it at home.
Don't brush your teeth vigrously, it might cause wearing away of enamel (the outer layer) of your teeth. some stains are intrinsic which doesn't go by brushing and needs bleaching.
Some times yellow stains are because of
a)Fluorosis, type of defective enamel causes by exess amount of flouride in water of that perticular area. In flouride staining bleaching or laminates gives good results, depending on the case.
b)Tetracycline stainings, type of intrinsic staining cause in an individual when the pregnant mother consumes tetracycline drug. In such cases again Laminates & bleaching helps, depending on the case.
I hope this information will be helpful. Contact your dentist, I am sure he can give the best possible advice after having a look on the situation.