How to treat diarrhea in a 20 month old baby ?

I have a 20 month old little boy who for the past 3 days has had very runny poo which has a rusty metel smell and is very pale grey pasty colour, he has no temp but has lost a little bit his appetite he is also not sleeping well atall at night and is drinking alot more, anyone have any ideas what it could be? thanks Hi, I have a 20 month old little boy who for the past 4 days has has diarreah the colour is like a very pale pasty grey and they smell almost like wet metal when its going rusty, he has a little bit less apetite, has not been sleeping well for the last 2 weeks, drinks a lot but has no temp. He seems to do a poo atleast 2 a day and its always the same colour and consistency. Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Mon, 9 May 2011
Hi welcome to healthcare Magic

The child is suffering from acute diarrheal disease.. Nothing to worry.. continue feeding the child with liquid food, if possible a cup rice ganji.. the child is needed to to be clinically evaluated, about the hydration status etc.. as the loose stools not yet stoped since two weeks , stool sample microscopy& culture will be done.. consult a pediatrician...