How to treat a stinging red rash on buttock which appeared following usage of rowing exercise machine?

I have started exercising. I have a rowing machine at home that I have been using everyday. I suddenly noticed at the top of my buttocks to red spots on each side. After a few days while showing when water roughed the area it stung. Looking in the mirror I saw the spots now looked like the skin had actually come off. I want to know how to treat this and prevent in the future. I really don t want to have to stop using the rower because besides walking it is the only way I have to exercise and i really need to lose weight
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013