How to take care of stitches ?

Hello my name is leah, I just had some stitches in my upper lip 3days ago. I lacerated it a over a year ago and it did not heal to its proper shape- I was left with a droopy look. I am wondering how to take care of the stitches. Stitches are looking black and it is getting crusty and scabbly on the lower side. I clean it with warm water with a drop of lavender oil few times a day- is this ok? should I keep it moist with creams all the time? sorry, just one more.. can I start using rosehip oil to minimise scarring ? Thank you for your time, Leah
Asked On : Sun, 31 Jan 2010

ok i would stay away from any scented oils and things because that can cause a serious infection.  i would most definitely keep it as moist as you can like a warm wash cloth.  it looks black because of dried blood and most of the time the stitches are black.  also if you are concerned about a scar get vitamin e gel caps and pop it will a pin and rub the vitamin e oil on it.  

Anonymous's Response

first thing you should do is stay away from the stiches till they are removed. dont do anything now, once it is removed that you have to leave the place like that for the next 15 days like that only, than with in six months you can use any of the creams whicxh doctor will prescribe to minimise the look of the scar.