How to stop bleeding on inside of the lip when on a blood thinner "Xarelto"?

My husband is on a blood thinner (Xarelto), which he took at apx 6:30 this evening. At dinner he bit the inside of his bottom lip and it is STILL bleeding. I have tried the following:
Ice with his head back.
Chalk stick used for shaving cuts.
Rolling his lip down and holding pressure with a Hemosat Foam Strip. (Several times, several minutes)
Also rolled lip down and held Hemostat Gauze for few minutes.
He recently cut his finger and after hours of bleeding, we used WoundSeal powder recommended by a paramedic and it stopped, but I feel sure I can't use this powder in his mouth. Even if we were careful that he not ingest it, I know it says it needs to stay dry in order to form a scab, so being inside his lip it could not stay dry.
Can you suggest ways to stop the bleeding that are safe to use inside his lip? We are trying to avoid a several hour wait in the ER for this!
Thank You
Asked On : Fri, 20 Dec 2013