How to remove dark white spots on legs caused by wounds?

Hi dr. Samuel.. I m from philippines.. All i want to ask that still in my mind is: How can i remove my white spots on my legs caused of wounds when i was young. My mom actually told me that if she never put ointment on my wounds before, my spots are dark but i think she put it no limit so my spots became very white and aren t good to see.. Please help me. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your descriptions. The white patches or spots formed on your skin after injuries or wounds are scars. The more the depth of the wound the permanancy of scar increases.

Our body is able to bring back the color of area in due course of time and it takes time and directly proportional with the size of the wound. Small wound scar repairs soon and vice versa.

There are certain chemicals used for external applications available as ointments or gels. But before applying them you need to consult a dermatologist. Second option is using pure coconut oil, virgin coconut oil or olive oil for external application.

Hope this clears your doubts. Available for further clarification.
Good luck.