How to regulate sugar level ?

my blood sugar level was normal but in 15 days when i again checkedit was221 mg/dl what i shoud do my hight 65 inch weight 95 kg age 55year
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011
  Anonymous's Response
64 inches ht and 95kg wt is hugely overweight.
reduce weight to 65kg.
GIVE UP all man Made Carbs. Restrict yourself to no more than 30 grams carb/day.
Brisk walk 40 min /day 7 days a week.
Switch to High FAT+High Protien diet.
No Cornflakes.
Restrict grains intake.
welome to hcm
the sugar values that you have mentioned indeed are in the diabetic range.
you need to check your fasting values (morning empty stomach) and 2 hrs after breakfast to know your baseline readings.
in caase you are already on treatment may be you need to look into your lifestyle ,eating habits first.
it is essential that the most important part of controlling diabetes is weight reduction, diet control ,regular exercise.
eat little amounts of meals every 3-4 hours, cut off all sweets.
if you are able to maintain a healthy lifestyle and recheck the readings you can reduce your need to take tablets for diabetes, though cannot avoid it altogether.
wish you a good health.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
I would need more information to give you a better advice.
1)Are you a diabetic?
2)Are you on any medication?

If you are detectng high level sugars for the first time , please get a glucose tolerance test done to know if you are diabetic.You would need medication to reduce sugars based on the levels.If you are a diabetic and worried about glucose levels , please see your doctor as you may need to change the dosage of drugs.Please get a HbA1C test done .This test detects the glucose levels and fluctuation for the past three months.
hope this information is useful.