How to regain my shape again after child birth?

helooo,how to regain my shape again?my stomach seems to be protrude with too much fat.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Sep 2008
hi minu,Finding your waist again after pregnancy is a little tough but you can surely achieve it.Take your measurements (at the maximum bulge of the abdomen) and forget it for two weeks. - Start with warming up exercises for neck shoulder and feet. - Lie on your back with a pillow. Bend your knees. Arch your back and push your seat against the floor. Push your back against the floor and raise your pelvic area. Contract the abdominal muscles. Relax and begin again. Repeat 4 to 5 times. - In the same position as above, lift your buttocks up while pulling in your pelvic floor. Lower your body and holding your ribs to keep your trunk straight, turn your knees to one side and then to the other, as far as possible. - In the same position as in exercise 3, pull your stomach in and do cycling with your legs extending them at hip and knee alternately. - Sit well back on an upright chair. Breathe out holding your tummy with one hand and then slowly bend sideways. Repeat bending to the other side. Fold your arms
General & Family Physician Dr. JItendra Sharma's  Response
Laxed muscles and accumulation of fat can lead to this. You need to work out for abdominal and pelvic muscles post partum. Slowly you can start aerobics classes.

All this will help you to gain back your shape.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
Imediatly after child birth,you loose about 5.5 kg of your extra weight ,remaining half will be utilised while you breast feed yuor baby within a span of 1 yr. If the remaining weight is > 5kgs than your original wt. you have to exert more/consult doctor
however ,start moderate exercises &come back to your routine as early as possible. Streching & yoga exercises are essential to gain the muscle tone back.It will take care of your stomach.
wish you all the best!
hi how much did your baby weigh ? and how did you give birth ? and how long ago ? it can take up to a year for your body to get back to normal after giving birth .you can do sit ups i have 5 kids and one on the way and sometimes its hard to get your shape back but it can be done good luck