How to reduce weight?

how to reduce a weight. my age is 27 height 163cm weight is 77 my blood sugar level is 137. sugar level is normal or high.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jul 2011
Hi vasuki,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic;
Your ideal weight for height of 163 cms is between 52-67 kgs so at 77kg you are overweight and to reduce weight you need to restrict diet and do exercise regularly.Exercises like brisk walking;jogging;swimming help to reduce weight;but for a proper weight loss you can join a gym where you will get advice for diet by a dietitian and the fitness trainer will help you with the exercises to reduce weight.So please join a gym.
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response

Your blood sugar levels are within normal limits.

Most important aspects of weight management is diet restriction, reduce the consumption of fats and substitute with more fruits and vegetables.

The other aspect is exercise through which you burn your extra calories.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.