How to reduce weight in a healthy way ?

hi doc, i m concerned abt my weight- 73kgs. I want to reduce it to atleast 55kgs. Kindly help..
Asked On : Thu, 20 Jan 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
Hello, the key to losing weight is increasing your metabolic rate. First figure out the cause of weight gain, rule out hypothyroidism, PCOD or any other metabolic dysfunction if present, then get a diet and exercise plan and work to achieve your target. Homoepathic medicine like Phytolacca berry tablets taken thrice a day will help in weight loss.
Diabetologist Dr. Krishna Giri's  Response
hi,first of all absolute weight is not important few of the parameters of u are required like whats the height,we calculate BMI from that and know how of ur wt is excess. ideal body weight is approx height in centimeters minus 100.are u putting up visible fat on u?are the eating habbits wrong,is there any depression,are there any other illnesses like high blood sugar,thyroid u exercise regularly?these Q has to be answered.its not important to reduce weight but it is important to cultivate healthy habbits .thank u.