How to rectify blind spots in vision coming and going quickly?

I am a 35 year old female. Have had blind spots in vision that come and go quickly, the last couple of months, and have had a few episodes where after waking up, I will be ok for a few minutes, then get blind spots in the middle of both eye fields of vision. This morning was particularly disturbing. Large whitish blind spot with a dark circle in the middle of it. It started after I closed my eyes in the shower to wash my face...continued at least a minute and a half after I opened them.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013