How to permanently remove hair on body ?

Sir , I am 22 years old and i have lots of hairs on my body ...because of this i feel very bad
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Excess body hair is always frustrating and it causes itching too in summers when one sweats. The only answer in males is LASE HAIR REDUCTION.
Its a costly treatment ,but permanent (long term results) .

Laser hair reduction requires multiple sessions at an interval of say 4-6wks.It is safe an effective...but you should go for it only if you have thick or moderately thick hair.Very fine hair may not show good result.Blonde or gray hair also don't respond well to lasers. Result also depends upon which laser machine you are going for.There are three basic types of lasers used --
1) IPL(intense pulse light)
2) Nd:yag laser
3) Diode laser.
The best of the lot is diode laser which is costly but very effective .The worst would be an IPL (which is actually not even a laser),its just a light device.Apart from its low effectiveness it has other disadvantages also like an IPL can lead to burn marks.The probe of laser is large in size ,so its difficult to manipulate in smaller areas,and thus leads to big rectangular burn marks.Many doctors keep this machine as the cost of machine is less as compared to diode laser.Diode laser not only destroys the root of hair which is black, but also the stem cells responsible for new growth of hair.
But remember don't take laser treatments from any beauty parlor,prefer a laser clinic run by a dermatologist.Other method would i am sure you would be aware of is waxing ,which is very painful procedure for a male.
Hope I've answered your question.I f you can tell me where you belong to then probably I can guide you to a good laser clinic for consultation.