How to lower my cholesterol?

My total cholesterol is 255, and LDL 169 ,can I bring LDL cholesterol Laval to 130 please explain
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
regular exercise,avoid fatty foods,stop taking heavy meal at night,regular taking of lipid lowering drug may reduse ur ldl cholesterol,
every month regular consult ur physician
take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Gautam Das's  Response
Hi. Of course you can bring down your cholestrol level. You would need medications to keep a check on your cholestrol levels and also initiate physical activity in the form of walking, or jogging or any sport to control your cholestrol levels. Do not forget to eat healthy.
General & Family Physician Dr. Paresh N.Doshi's  Response
Regular daily exercise along with dietary control would be the initial line of treatment.After six months of following the above recheck your lipid profile and if still raised than add medications to lower the same...but remember exercise and dietary control are the mainstay of the treatment
less fat & more excersise