How to lower high BP and cholesterol ?

please help me with ideas to lower high blood presure and colestrial?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
The problem of high blood pressure and high cholesterol is compound, so the solution will be compound. It will require a lifestyle change to bring about an improvement in these numbers. I will list the changes in a easy bullet format. Exercise - choose one that you enjoy. It could be walking, bicycling, just choose one that you can keep in your schedule. There are various methods out there that can help you relax. If the high blood pressure is stress related, exploring stress reduction might be worth a try. For me relaxing music was effective. Choose one that works for you. Trade bad fats for good fats. Goods fats are found in Olive oil, Salmon, flax seed, and cod liver oil. three teaspoons of cod liver oil a day and help in reducing the bad cholesterol. Eat less red meat and more fish. Reduce consumption of high fat cheeses and whole milk. Choose skim Milk and low fat cheese instead. Throw out the butter and get a spread designed for lowering cholesterol. There are several brands out there. Cut the bad carbs- Get rid of the bleached flour and the sugar. Replace with whole grains, bran sugar substitutes and whole fresh fruits and plenty of fresh vegetables. You will lose weight lowering your blood pressure. Eating lots of fiber has the natural effect of reducing blood pressure. Cut out the soda pop and the juices. Replace with water and tea. Reduce sodium intake. Reduce the amount of salty foods that you eat. The natural result of such lifestyle changes will be weight loss, which will reduce both your cholosteral and blood pressure.