I don't know if you have Primary or Secondary hypertension
. In the case of Secondary hypertension you have to find the underlying cause and treat it. If you have a primary hyertension try these in the order I put it here.
1. Diet control and exercise (Low sodium intake, avoid fatty foods, eat a lot of fibre rich foods and good morning walk)
2. Hydrocholorothiazide 12.5mg in the morning
3. ACE Inhibitors like Lisinopril
(consult a doctor for the appropriate dosages)
4. Betablockers (consult a doctor for the appropriate dosages)
5. Calcium Channel Blockers (consult a doctor for the appropriate dosages)
6. Download a copy of JNC 7 from the internet and read it.
Diet control, morning walk and thiazide is enough for most of the persons.