How to lose weight other than walking or running since i have a major problem in the leg ?

I have a hormonal imbalance. My periods have been irregular since they started with gaps anywhere from 2 to 6 months. My periods started when I was 14 and then doctors said the reason could be my excessive participation in sports. I was thin and didn’t have many problems. Later doctors advised I get on steroids and some suggested it would normal over a period of time with the right lifestyle and food. The past 2-3 years I have been having an erratic lifestyle, I drink and also smoke occasionally. I have gained weight. I recently again went to the gynaecologist and she advised that I reduce my weight. I want to know how to do so as I can’t as I have a major problem in my leg which makes it impossible for me to run or walk. I want to reduce weight so as to improve this whole hormonal imbalance which I have been for almost forever now!!!!!! Can you please suggest diet plan exercises or anything that would help me get my life back besides steroids and more medicines? i really need to loose weight as its affecting my foot, my hormones as well as my self confidence .please help!!!
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011