How to increase the height ?

hello sir, i am 22 years old. my height is 5ft 4inch. can i increase my height now?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Feb 2011
Hello Mayank,

Yes, you can increase your height now, provided you are ready to accept surgery. Though the disadvantages of surgery are minimal, you should weigh it against the real necessity for it.You have to walk around with crutches for a few months.

Based on the amount of lengthening you require, the number of days for which you will be on the external fixator (lengthening device) will be determined.
- Your leg will be slowly lengthened by a minimum of 1mm per day.
- An external fixator i.e pins and rods will stick out of your thigh throughout the lengthening process.
- Once the desired length is achieved, the fixator will stay in place for few more weeks for the bone to strengthen after which it will be removed. i.e if you wanna achieve 10 cm lengthening, it will cost you 100 days. The fixator will remain on your thigh for few more weeks after 100 days.