How to increase hemoglobin percentage during pregnancy?

How to increase haemoglobin percentage during pregnancy. I am having 6 grams hemoglobin percentage.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011
start taking iron supplements & cooking of foods in iron utensils / vessels.Also consume good amount of green leafy vegetables,banana,apples ,mangoes , & other iron rich products.Also don`y forget to de-worm by taking anti helminthic drug.Citrus fruits increase absorption of iron.Disclaimer
  Anonymous's Response

You must eat foods that contain a high percentage of iron as spinach, green vegetables and broccoli. Besides, you need to consult your doctor so that oral iron supplements will be given to increase the level of hemoglobin.

If you need more help, please visit:
Hi Prashanthi

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Low Hb is anemia , which is mostly due to decreased intake of iron.Supplements like ferrous sulphate will be given if you can absorb iron .If not it will be given parenteral.

You should take diet rich in iron , folic acid , vitamin B 12.You should eat leafy vegetable to have these vitamins.

Take care and Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Hello there
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.Firstly i congratulate on your pregnancy. See, anemia is common during pregnancy. But of course, Hb of 6gms is bit low for that. You must already on Green leafy vegetables like spinach, turnip greens, collard greens, kale cabbage, broccoli,beets, mustard greens are the popular iron rich foods. Tofu, soya are also good sources of iron. Alongwith that iron supplements like Orofer XT.Take care.Wish you happy pregnancy.
Dear Doctors,

Thank you very much for your quick reply and advices.
Dear Doctor,

Thank you very much for your good suggestions.

This is my first pregnancy. I am just 5 Week 6 days pregnant, I am feeling very dull and drowsy. doctor advice me to take Iron Injections weekly twice for low Hb,Is it compulsory?.
I am working as a design engineer so i have to sit from morning 9am-6pm. I am getting Stomach pain and feeling feverish also.please advice me what precautions i have to take care. During the pregnancy can i use vasmol-33 kesh kala hair oil.

Looking forward to your valuable/positive reply soon.