How to help children overcome fear of nightmares ?

my 4 year old son recently has been experiencing nightmares ... while at preschool the lights went out and terrified him. he does not want to go to school every morning.. i have talked to his preschool teacher regarding this issue and they would take hiim out into the hallway whenever they would flick the light to give a 5 minute warning to clean their centers. he is now waking up in the middle of the night crying and yelling over the lights at his school.. any input would greatly be appreciated to help me get him through this
Asked On : Fri, 4 Feb 2011
hi,thanks for query.This is pretty common in children,they are very sensitive to their surroundings and react sharply.The best thing that you can do is ,explain him about the light and dark cycle,about electric supply and clear all his doubts,please do not force him to go school for couple of days.Before he goes to sleep ask him to take name of god,and say that he will protect him.Do make him sleep alone.This will definitely work and he will become normal.
wishing him good health.