How to get rid of unwanted hair on chin and upper-lip?

hi having unwanted hair on upper lip nd chin .pls tell me the solution for my problem

Asked On : Mon, 29 Nov 2010
pls tell me the solution
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Neeraja,

Welcome to HCM.
There are various methods like waxing, electrolysis to remove unwanted hair, but all of them are temporary methods.
What is more important is to try to find the cause for this hair growth in unwanted places. You have not mentioned your age. If you are young the most common cause for this is, polycystic ovaries causing hormonal imbalance. Adrenal gland pathology could also cause this.
You should get a complete medical checkup done including thyroid and adrenaline function tests as well as an ultrasound scan.
Wish you all the best.