How to get rid of the tobacco and alcohol addiction?

my best friend s brother is addicted to gutkha. now n then he also drinks alcohol.they belong to a very honest n middle class family. the boy is also unaware of his future and passes time without doing any work.his natural life is other than normal. we tried to make him understand to be serious for his life.but not fruitful result we got. we need your help sir.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I think your best friend's brother needs substance abuse counseling. I also think that he needs to see a psychiatrist to get help with medications regarding his substance abuse. I understand that you are concerned for your friend's brother's health. I am glad you can bring this issue up with your friend or their parents, if the person you want to help is not amenable to help.

I hope this helped. Take care and have a lovely day !