How to get rid of abdominal pain? Is drinking something cold helpful?

i have an abdominal right at the center of the abdomen , most of the times the pain is relievd by either defaecating or gas expulsion. Sometimes its not relievd even after all this, and then i drink something very cold, then seems to be better, but after 2 mins, back again!! after some time it spreads to the lower abdomen, more to the right, just below the umbilical line.. its really very painful. I have had it since 2002.. help!!
Asked On : Wed, 3 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

get yourself examined by a gastroentrologist and endoscopy of the upper git, probably you are suffering from gastritis

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.History of your problem is long.get ultrasound abdomen done and consult a gastoenterologist.good luck.
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
You are having this since almost last 8 to 9 yrs and nothing serious has come out of
it. It could be IBS. But better to get investigated, because abdomen is magic box
every thing can not be judged clinically.So consult your doctor and get done reports
like, USG abdomen,Barium meal examination, and if suggested by doctor endoscopy
as well.It does not seem any thing to be serious because of time duration since you
are having. yhanks