How to get relief from prolonged ear ache? Removal of bump behind ear putting pressure on head

I have had prolonged ear ache for nearly one year. Started when side of my head got hit by a wave. Initially it was inner ear sharp jabbing pain. I have already been to my GP for pain relief but this only masks the pain which always comes back. I have also went private to seek advice from an Ear specialist and Pain Specialist who advise nothing is wrong with my ear. They think it s imflamation of a nerve maybe. Recently however, this new thing has developped - behind flap of my ear I feel I have this bump which is putting pressure against my head. No-one else seems to feel this bump, but its there. When I press this bump with my fingures the pressure goes away, when I lift my fingers off it, the pressure returns. Prviate doctors do not want to do scans on my head, nor check any nerves as there is too many. Any advice would be great?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012