How to gain weight at the age of 25 ?

hello, dear doctor i wnt to gain weight beacuse i am very week. my age is 25years
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. principle is to have a well balanced diet with more proteins and more calories and good exercise.
2. try to increase the quantity of food by eating half or one roti extra than usual quota.
3. for proteins take more of mil with protein powder,more of cereals and legumes, Daal rice,egg,meat.
4. 200Cal/kg of expected body weight,small feed every 1/2 hour.
5. undiluted milk thickened with 1 rsp of skimmed milk powder, take banana, potato, sweet potato,pulses.
6. Consult with your Local Physician regarding Appetizers,general tonics, and multivitamins.
Homeopath Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy's  Response
Greetings from health care magic
To gain weight you have to follow those things given below
1) avoid all junk and fast foods. Because they contain more trans fats, saturated fats, that is unhealthy for your body.
2) take more proteineous diet like meat,fish, milk and milk products, grains,
3) take more healthy fats that contain omega 3 fatty acids which are found in some river fishes, flax seeds ( in hindi called pesi), walnuts etc
4)Never miss your breakfast. The breakfast should be protein rich, natural nutrients rich. Take a heavy break fast if you feel good.
5)no tea, coffee that will supress your appetite so you will not have the desire to take any foods and that will ultimately affect on your health.
6) Healthy life style like daily physical activities like morning walk, yoga; taking your meal in time; hydrate your body adequately minimum 2 to 3 liters of water; avoid all areated soft drink, alcohol, any form of tobacco;
7) some homeopathy medicines will help you to maintain your appetite normal and proper digestion so will help you indirectly gaining weight. Alfalfa tonic (Dr.Reckweg) - 1 spoon twice daily for 3 months. Bio comb - 27 (Dr.reckweg - 4 tabs BD for 3 months)
8) The most important thing is your physical constitution is also depend upon your parents. it is hereditary. Being more fat is as dangerous as like any disease. it is also not like that gaining weight will enahnce your stamina.
Hope it will be helpful. Thank you
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
in majority of cases persons who have digestive disorders or worms or some other associated disease have less weight than needed. First thing is to rule out your thyroid problem. get dewormin with krimi kuthar ras and have digestive aid as livomyn.
Homeopath Dr. Preeti Balwani's  Response
Hi, welcome to healthcaremagic
First of all you need to do is to rule out the cause of being so weak,
it can be either due to poor diet and overwork, genetic (if Parents are of a weak constitution), effect of some chronic illness in past or any gastrointestinal orendocrinal disturbance espacialy thyroid gland, constant mental stress, unhappy life etc
so it would be better to go to some physician who will properly diagnose it if no specific cause is there then improvement in diet regular hours of rest, no overwork, mental relaxation will help u to overcome the situation.
I will also suggest u to go to a dietitian for a diet chart acc. to your need.
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
Hello ..
‘Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum’.
to gain weight consume milk and milk products in your diet daily like cheese, paneer and dates, raisins , almonds , eggs, bananas, peanut or peanut butter and a chocolate bar daily..
. Eat more calories.have .milk shakes, muffins, dried fruits, yoghurt and breakfast bars.
excercise regularly it will help you to improve your appetite..and will help you to gain muscle mass.
wishing you good health
god bless..

General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Hi. Ali
welcome to health care magic
start enjoying what you eat.Have balanced & nutritious diet regularly.wish you good health.