How to diagnose a 3 year old with weak right hand ?

Good Morning as per my 3 year old daughters teacher at creche, she noted my daughter s right hand is weaker then her left hand, teacher then moved crayon to left hand but daughter prefers keeping in right hand. teaher mentioned when showing daughter how to keep crayon correctly my daughter would just stare ahead of her whilst been showed how to hold crayon correctly. my daugther was born with an eye defect, left eye smaller then right eye. the \
Asked On : Thu, 3 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
The problem your daughter is having might just be a behavioural disorder. some times children do not pay attention to what you are saying. Still it is better to consult a neurophysician to check for any muscular or neural weakness.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
You need to observe her activities for some time. Perhaps she is lefty, so prefers using left over right. Or may she is doing some things with right hand ( as she has been taught) and some with left (which she prefers). Watch her playing, that is when you will get the right observation. If you find any thing unusual, make a visit to a neurophysician.