How to deal with psychological abnormal fears in people over 45 yrs old ?

I would like to know if you work with adults over 45 who has some psychological abnormal fears and it is affecting their entire life. I can t get her to get help, nor will she listen to her dad or me. I told her that I needed some help for myself in order to get her to agree. She told me maybe the whole family needed help. I told her that I would check into something for all of us. I hope you received my inquiry but just in case that you didn t, I need help for my daughter who is having some psychological problems that causes her to think that someone is trying to kill her and this has consumed her life and ours. She has moved home with us because she is afraid of being by herself. This has been going on for over since September of 2012. We need help and I need to know if you can help us or refer me to someone who can. AAAAA
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I am sorry that something like this is happening with your family. It is classically known as delusions of reference and persecution. No matter what the scientific terminology is, your daughter needs help. It is better to have her be on antpsychotic medications. A qualified psychiatrist should be able to help. I am glad you bring this up in a forum and hope you seek help as soon as you can.

Take care and have a nice day !