How to cure the pain and redness in eye caused by contact lenses ?

I have severe eye pain , especially when I blink in my left eye. I am wearing glasses and have had this pain on and off for a few weeks. The pain usually starts due to contacts use but only after I have taken them out (there is no pain whilst the contact is in). I have not worn contacts for a few days now but my eye is very painful. My partner has looked at my eye and tells me that it is very red (bloodshot) and there is a brownish spot at the top of my eye above the iris (under the top eyelid ). Any suggestions as to how to alleviate the pain and what this could be. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012