How to cure sunburn?

My face has swollen up, and I believe it's due to sunburn, what should I do about this?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Jul 2010
please help me out, this just seems to be getting worse, i need to know if i should go to the ER or not.
My forehead is swollen, my eyelid are too, i wake up and can barely open my eyes.
this is day two now.
  Anonymous's Response
DId you find anything out? My 4 yr old son just got a sunburn on his newly shaved had and forehead now it looks as if his forehead is swollen.Just wondering if it is connected to sunburn.
concerned mom
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
Hi Tiffany,
if you have swollen face due to sunburn avoid exposing to sun at peak of sunlight, put sun protecing creams, cover face while going out in sun, it will subside in some days