How to cure pus cell in children?

wat if pus cells are found in childs stool test?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Sep 2010
Hello.Welcome.You should get culture and sensitivity of the stool done and then give appropriate antibiotic for the organism identified.Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi dawar,
Welcome to HCM.
Usually it is not pus cells but bacteria, that is detected in stool examination under microscope. Some of the bacteria are normally seen in the stool and are not of any consequence, such as E. Coli.
There are certain other bacteria which cause diarrhoea or dysentery. These need to be identified, culture and sensitivity test done to determine which antibiotic will be best suitable to eradicate that infection.
Wishing your child all the best.
What is the normal range of pus cells in stool?
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
hi darwar,
Pus cells in the stools may be due to many causes, most common being colitis along with crypt abscess, or may be due to typhoid ilitis. Blood investigations required to rule out the causes, consult phycisian for further evaluation.