How to cure from black lips ?

I am kranthi of 19 years old and 5.6 height.My lips are black in colour.I have no habit of smoking and drinking.How to make them normally??
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

I would say that the treatment would be difficult ,but we still have some options.If your dark lips are acquired due to allergy to some thing then there is some possibility.But if it same since birth ,then it would be difficult.

In case of allergic condition one can apply tacrolimus cream locally along with a sunscreen.
You can also try hydroquinone cream at night time.

If nothing works then the last resort would be lasers.Specific laser for this would be Q-switched Nd:yag laser .But the results are variable and no doctor would promise you the results.

I hope this answers your query,& would guide you towards the right line of treatment.

Hi Kranthi,
Welcome to Health care Magic.

Color of lips depends on the health of skin and genetic factors. If your lips are dark, due to genetic factors, there are less chances to enhance the color.But if the color has changed due to environmental factors, you can go ahead and follow the below practices.
1. Keep your lips hydrated, and moisturized.
2. Use of natural moisturizing agents like honey helps to a large extent.
3. Take complete diet with high vitamin and mineral content. This keeps your skin healthy and in turn your lips.
4. Take additional precautions while using cosmetics. They have adverse effect on skin.
5. Hormonal imbalance also causes dry skin and pigmentation problems. Get checked for your overall hormonal balance.

Take Care.