How to control my anger?

hai sir i am getting angry fast. if i get angry cannot control immediately. is der any way to reduce anger when i got in the situation. thank u in advance
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jun 2010
Hi Shiva,
Welcome to HCM.
Anger is a natural reaction. In teenage and early twenties, it is quite common to get angry at even minor provocations. It is only with age, experience and maturity that we get control of our anger.
The very fact that you wish to control your outbursts of anger is an excellent beginning. Where there is a Will, there is certainly a Way. Whenever you feel angry, just turn away from the situation and try not to speak out. If you remain silent, the other person cannot continue to instigate you for long. Best way to control anger is through silence and not to respond to the provocations at all.
By practicing silence you will soon appreciate your inner peace of mind and satisfaction, in avoiding an uncomfortable situation.
Wishin you all the best.
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. There are various anger control methods. But they require lot of will power and practice to overcome anger. You must try to walk out of the situation when you feel that you are getting angry. You can try to take deep breaths to calm yourself down or drink a glass of water to chill. You must exercise regularly and do yoga it will help you to get rid of stress. Wish you good health.