How to control high colesterol ?

hi, doctor ,my SGPT is 65 and my LDL is 280 and HDL is 45 and uric acid is 7.2. purely vegetarian and non alcholic, plz suggest what should i do?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Hi Rajan jain
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
You have a deranged lipid profile.LDL is high than normal.
Your uric acid levels are high normal. Rest of the findings are fine.
I advise you to visit your Physician and get appropriate medication.You may need a fat lowering tablets like statins.
You should also maintain diet habits , avoid fried foods , oil , salt and have regular exercise.The drugs will help bring down your fats but exercise only can prevent them from shooting up again
Hope this information is useful to you and others.