How to control body itching? Lotion application making them itchier

I woke up at 4 in the morning unable to sleep because my body is so itchy. I m most itchy all over my calves, behind my knees, my stomach and the inside of my elbows and the rest of my body is still itchy, just not as much. There is no rash . I haven t eaten or done anything I don t usually do. I m 14 years old. I see I m taking skin off every time I scratch . I put lotion on my legs but that made them itchier. My skin has been a bit itchy before, in a specific area, but never half this bad. I took amoxicillin for ten days about 3 months ago. I don t have any allergies that I know of.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012