How to control abnormal diabetes range. Having family history of diabetes

Soon after our marriage I came to know that my wife age 29 is having family history of diabetes .I suggested her to go for some medical tests. After receiving the report we came to know that her cholesterol level is at 201.30 mgdL Triglycerides 229.30 mgdL HDL Cholesterol 43.80 mgdL LDL Cholesterol Calculated 111.64 mgdL VLDL Cholesterol Calculated 45.86 mgdL . TSH 4.67 uIUmL . Some of my friends are suggesting us to replace rice with bread atleast in one of the two meals . Please suggest what should be done to reduce the abnormal levels and also retain the normal. Further we are planning child in near future. Keeping the levels in mind will it be safe to go for it My blood group is O negative and her A positive or do we have to wait till levels get to normal or if some precautions are needed please suggest. Also I have come to know from internet that people with higher triglyceride levels are 30 percent more vulnerable to heart attack , therefore is it safe to have physical relationship while the levels are up.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Nov 2010