How to come out habit of chewing gutka ?

Hello, this stupid habit of chewing gutka has never left me since 10 years. i recently did a cleaning, but not able to come out of this habbit. the stains are back on my teeths, it is so embarassing to talk to people or even smile before them. please advise
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011
Dentist 's  Response
let me inform you that chewing gutka is one of the most common cause of having cancer
yes its difficult to stop the habbit but you can do following
1.try to gradually decrease the number of times you are chewing for instance reduce one per week
2.try some sugar free chewing gums for a few times
3.driks lots of water and fruit juices ,that would clean your system of the toxins
hope if you follow these than you can gradually stop the habbit and then get your scaling done with your dentist
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Wow...Its a very nice question. It is killing habit. Go and see a doctor or go to a rehabilitation center. You can switch over to swoaph or Chewing Gum or go in for something like milan supari or passpass and later reduce the intake of this too.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...
Dentist Dr. Jenkins sahayam P's  Response
gutka has high risk of developing cancer than just those stains, nowdays replacement chewing gum have come, better visit one of the TII centres near you to get rid of the habit. search for it in
General & Family Physician Dr. Gyan Prakash's  Response
hi .welcome to HealthcareMagic should consult psychiatrist to get rid off from this should engage yourself in some up strong to your family and friends.and after leaving this habbit you can maintain proper hygiene.brush tooth twice and frequent mouth wash will help.