How to bring down the CHOL/HDLC ratio?

Hi, I am 55years old little incl ind to blood sugar for which I take a tablet to keep it under control. This year my lipid profile(12hr fasting) is given below. Cholesterol 207,Triglycerides 109, HDL 36, LDL 149, VLDL 22, CHOL/HDLC 5.8 How bad are this results? And How to bring down the CHOL/HDLC ratio? I am not a heavy meat eater neither do I drink or smoke. My lifestyle consists of 2 to 3 hrs of strenuous gardening work.(4 days a week) Hoping to hear from you fast.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Sports Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi, Your lipid profile results are not much bad.
But as you mentioned you also have diabetes, then the things are changed.
You have to have strict control for diabetes.
Avoid oils, fats and sweet things.
It seems your gardening do not suffice. You have to do more exercises, better walk at least 5 kms. a day for at least 5 days in a week.
Start anti hyperlipid medicine in a smaller dose after consulting your doctor only because you are havind diabetes.

Thank you for your valued answer to my quarries. My I am keeping my sugar level well under control by taking Glycinorm 40 one tablet each time twice a day. As you have suggested,I will try to do more exercise to control the cholesterol.
Once again thank you for your reply.