How to avoid pregnancy

we are recently married. We don't whnt to have children now. so, please let use know wht can we do to avoid pregnancy.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Sep 2010
  Anonymous's Response
As a couple, you need a birth control method. Methods include the use of a condom or IUD or contraceptive pills. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages and you both need to choose the most appropriate for you. Feel free to ask your doubts
My website

General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Manindar,
Welcome to HCM.
Let me first of all wish you both a very happy long married life. It is a good decision on part of both of you to avoid pregnancy for sometime. Better enjoy life and get to know each other better and let the honeymoon cystitis (Urinary tract infection usually seen in the newly wed couple) settle down before you consider to have children.
Since you are recently married, intrauterine contraceptive device (Copper T) is not advisable.
May use contracetive pills or condoms.
Other options available are Coitus interruptus (Withdrawal of the penis just before ejaculation occurs and having intercourse during safe period ( 1st week after menstrual bleeding and 1 week just before expected date of next period).
Have a good time.
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hi manindarg,
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
the best method for newly married couple is oral contraceptive pills
next you can go for barrier method like use of condom
you can also take the advantage of safe period during which you can maintain sexual relationship.but barrier method and safe period technique has both some failure rats
take care
hi
There is a wide choice of methods available, includes Natural family planning methods. Barrier methods.Hormonal methods. Intrauterine devices. Permanent methods for females and for males. Emergency contraception.
i advice either OCP or barrier method that is condom..
Anesthesiologist Dr. Dhananjaya's  Response
HELLO, PL GO FOR ORAL CONTRACEPTIVE PILLS( WIFE) OR GO FOR CONDOM(HUSBAND).
START ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES ON 5 TH DAY OF MENSTRUAL CYCLE & CONTINUE DAILY FOR 21 DAYS .
THEN SHE WILL HAVE WITHDRAWL BLEEDING & AGAIN RESTART ON FIFTH DAY OF MENSTRUAL CYCLE.PL FEEL FREE TO ASK MORE DETAILS