How to avoid getting pregnant after having unprotected sex 1 week ago ?

mam actually i m journalist and by profession have to meet many person. actually my periods is over on 28 may and one man had sex with me then i took my pale tablete. and after one week my boyfriend had sex with me on 4 th june. so i am worried that can i pregnant . and what's solution pls help me. my age is 24. actually i dont want pregnant mam actually i m journalist and by profession have to meet many person. actually my periods is over on 28 may and one man had sex with me then i took my pale tablete. and after one week my boyfriend had sex with me on 4 th june. so i am worried that can i pregnant. and what s solution pls help me. my age is 24. actually i dont want pregnant.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Hi Sonu,
Welcome to HCM.
You have not mentioned the first day of your last period. Assuming it was on 24th of May, 4th June is 12th day of your period. If your periods come 4 to 5 days earlier than last period, then the possibility of getting pregnant is very high, otherwise the chances are very little. Since it is too late to take emergency contraceptive pill, wait for your periods to come and if it does not come even after one week overdue, then get a pregnancy test done and if Positive consult a gynecologist immediately.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Sonu, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You haven't mentioned when was the First date of your Last Menstrual Period (LMP)? Considering your periods are regular and of 28 days duration, you have had sex during the fertile period and you will have chances of conceiving. Wait for your Next periods, if they get delayed, wait for a week and then get a Urine Pregnancy test done using a early morning urine sample which is most ideal for detecting pregnancy. If it is Positive, get yourself examined by a Gynecologist at the earliest so that she can examine you and confirm it and take necessary steps. Avoid stress as it is known to delay your Periods.

Good Luck, Take Care.