How to avoid being uncomfortable ?

hi dear doctor m 20 yr boy m facing the problem is that whenever i face any woman i directly look on their chest rather looking at face and after it make me uncomfortable to talk also feel guilty and ashamed of myself and i skip from that place...... same happening with guys i directly look down and i feel uncomfortable due to this i m not able to talk with my friends freely the way i talk previously .....now i really ant to solve this problem...... kindly try to help me... hi dear doctor m 20 yr boy m facing the problem is that whenever i face any woman i directly look on their chest rather looking at face and after it make me uncomfortable to talk also feel guilty and ashamed of myself and i skip from that place...... same happening with guys i directly look down and i feel uncomfortable due to this i m not able to talk with my friends freely the way i talk previously .....now i really ant to solve this problem...... kindly try to help me...
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query. I really dont know what to say, i guess you need counselling at this stage, there are no medications to solve your probem if that is what you are looking for, Have a healthy living
Psychiatrist Dr. A. Vishal's  Response
Hi friend

No need to worry about ur problem, it is common problem in most of the people.

dont avoid that situations, u can expose and face that situation frequently, maintain eye to eye contact, speak confidently, gradually ur problem will subside. you can practice in front of the mirror when ever you r free. If still ur facing unwanted thoughts in ur mind, u should be consult psychiatrist for counselling and some relaxation techniques will help you symptom free.

all the best